Fireworks-Direct sell professional fireworks that are safe to use and sure to put on a fantastic show and leave your onlookers in awe.
However, with great fireworks comes great responsibility – fireworks can be dangerous and need to be used with caution.
Below, we’ve compiled some safety tips to be followed when using fireworks.
Prior to the display:
– Check the fireworks that you have purchases are suitable for the size of your garden and are compatible to the British Standards
– Make sure your display area has no hazards
– Do not play with the fireworks
– Read the instructions in natural lighting (in the day)
– Tell your neighbours that you’ll have a display (especially elderly neighbours and those that have pets)
– Have one person that has clearly been identified responsible for the fireworks
Fireworks safety; make sure you have the following:
– Metal box with a lid to store the fireworks
– Torch to recheck instructions (if necessary)
– Bucket of water
– Protection for head, hands and eyes
– First aid kit
– Bucket of soil for fireworks to sit in
– A board for flat-bottomed fireworks
– Support for Catherine wheels
– Appropriate launchers for rockets
Fireworks safety; during the display:
– Light the fireworks from arm’s length with a taper
– Stand far back
– Do not return to a lit firework
– Keep the metal box that is stored with fireworks closed
– Ensure children are kept safe
– Don’t, under any circumstances, put fireworks in your pocket
– Do not throw a firework, it is a criminal offence and can lead to a maximum penalty fine of £5000
Fireworks safety; after the display:
– Collect fireworks using tongs or thickly-gloved hands
– Check for any remaining fireworks the following morning
Please follow these safety tips in order for you to truly enjoy the fireworks display and make the most out of your investment. Visit the website to view the fireworks available to you.